The Academic Development and Enhancement Centre (ADEC) is a Centre of Responsibility or Pusat Tanggungjawab (PTj) under the portfolio of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic & International), Universiti Malaya. ADeC's core responsibility is to design and conduct professional development programs for UM's academic staff. ADEC's history began with the establishment of the University of Malaya Learning Improvement Centre (UMLIC) in 1996 which was later re-branded as the Academic Development Centre (ADeC) in February 2007.
ADEC's rebranding reflects the centre's then expanded role, from solely providing training on teaching and learning (T&L) towards producing future renowned and highly competent academic leaders in T&L, research and supervision.
To nurture academic and institutional leaders through provision of professional development opportunities and sharing of best practices.
• To provide trainings for academic and leadership development to UM academic community.
• To offer advisory service and consultation on academic-related matters to UM academic community.
• To promote and support innovative and scholarly approaches to educational development.
• To facilitate a platform for sharing good practices in academic-related matters.
• To create awareness on work-life balance in career growth.
Last Update: 02/08/2022