LEADERSHIP AND WELLBEING
LEADERSHIP AND WELLBEING UNIT
Unit for Leadership & Wellbeing (LeadWell) prepares UM academicians for their various leadership roles, and supports them in navigating the demands and challenges of an academic career in a highly competitive and volatile higher education landscape.In partnership with the UM Succession Planning Unit, or Unit Pelan Penggantian (UPP), ADeC LeadWell is developing an institutional leadership training framework to further strengthen the learning and development (L&D) of UM’s potential leaders. Alongside nurturing and inspiring leadership, LeadWell also aims to support academics in their quest for work-life balance.
With a learning and development framework inspired by:
- the science and practice of positive psychology
- a growth mindset
- and notions of inclusivity and collegiality
LeadWell hopes to inspire academics to build upon individual and communal strengths, to flourish both individually, and as a community.LeadWell organizes a variety of talks, workshops, management training attachments, learning circles and individual consultations. If you wish to share your expertise on leadership and/or wellbeing, please do contact ADeC to discuss LeadWell collaboration possibilities.
Among the Strategic Partners in the coordination of this unit are:
- Higher Education Leadership Academy (Akademi Kepimpinan Pengajian Tinggi, AKEPT)
- UM Global Planning and Strategy Centre (Pusat Perancangan dan Strategi Global, PPSG)
- UM Staff Training and Development (STanD)
- Unit for Succession Planning, (Unit Pelan Penggantian, UPP)
Head of Unit
Associate Prof. Dr. Ilhaamie Abdul Ghani Azmi
03 - 7967 7818